Lady Lost in Love

Lady is my presentation. Lost is my inspiration. Love is my motivation.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Brotherly Love/Part One/My J.R.

So, I have a couple of brothers who apparently did not get the memo "YOU MUST STAY LITTLE KIDS FOREVER". Well, I guess I must learn to work with what I've got. But let me tell you something my friends, I've got ALOT to work with......

My oldest lil' bro (J.R.) is finaly home. (Dont's ask from where, it's TOP SECRET.) j/j I call it lay-away; others call it JUVI. Hmm! Anywho- I had not seen my lil'brother for the past 4 years. This is a boy who has been with me since his lifetime and all of a sudden no longer around. I could only say I am happy to say he was able to come back to us. Altough I am not sure how long that will last, because he is currently itching to run & be with his old friends.

I remember the moment my moms told me I was finaly going to have a baby brother, the year was 1988. I felt like the luckiest girl in the whole world. At the time we lived on Broadway in L.A. in a tiny, tiny little room. When the day finaly came, I was in school and my stepdad picked me up to take me to the hospital. He was sooooo cute! I couldn't stop holding him. I felt I had this sudden responsibility and now had to safe this baby from any harm. Unfortunatly, my mom had gotten so upset that I came with my stepdad to the hospital & not with her neighbor like she had planned it. So, she send me of to Texas with my Grandpa for the next 6 months. (another story for a later time) When I came back home, moms and JC (my stepdad) had mooved to another apartment near Soto St. in E.L.A. the apartment was a bit bigger and I walked in to see that my baby brother was growing. Since then, my priority was always to look out for this
little one.

There was a day in particular I will always remember, where I had to proove this so called new responsibility.My brother J.R. was a little over 1 yr old. At that time my moms & stepdad were seperated. J.C. lived with an older lady, Molly. they lived somewhere over there by Eagle Rock. Anyway, my mom was so mad at my stepdad that she wanted to hurt him. (Also many, man stories for a MUCH later time.) She drove J.R. & me to Molly's house one day, as she parked down the street she told me what I had to do. She said that I needed to go knock on the door and ask for J.C. and hand him my brother. (According to her it was his turn to take care of him.) Well, no one answered, except for a guard dog out in the yard. My mother's 'wild' mind began yelling from afar to just put J.R. over the gate & leave him there. (Umm, HELLO!!!!! Please don't ask me why.) I pleaded with my mom in hopes that she would come to her senses. All she did was threaten me that if I did not do as she said I would get the beating of my life. Well, I had alot of those on an everyday basis & let me tell you, I'm still hurting from those bruises. As much as I feared my 'only' mother, I grabbed my baby brother and ran. I ran, ran & ran until I felt I couldn't run any longer.

I don't remember how far I got exactly. Alls I remember is earlier that day I had sneaked Molly's house # from my moms purse because I wanted to be able to call my stepdad in case of anything. (He was about the only one that would defend me when my moms would give me those beatings of my life.) So, I called Molly & as I heard the helicopter flying above and sirens drawing near, she convinced me that I was way too small to take care of a baby. I remember her asking me what was I planning to do when it came to work or where I was going to live. Hello!!! I was only 11 yrs. old. (Kids think they're so grown up......)

By the time my brother was 2 yrs old, my mom gave me another little brother to care for Frankie-1990. ..... to be continued.......

1 Comments:

  • At 11:46 PM, Blogger Chely said…

    Lori,
    I read your entry. Thank you for sharing something as personal as this.

    I sincerely pray that by expressing these stories in writing, you will find closure as well as help any of us readers that might have gone through similar, uncomprehensible experiences.

    Love ya!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home