Lady Lost in Love

Lady is my presentation. Lost is my inspiration. Love is my motivation.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Please advice

I recently send out the following email to a few friends in hopes to cheer them up & use it as a reminder that they are special in my life. "LIFE IS SHORT"
"They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them, but then an entire life to forget them." Well, I guess it was too soon for me to send to a friend who is currently going through a seperation with his wife. He replied:"Lori, not to sound like a prick, but this made me really sad." I was :(

Now, what are the correct words to say? I ????????? But I replied the following:
"I am truly sorry to hear that my friend. It's sole purpose was to make you feel better not anything else. It was meant to remind you that you are special. And even though we do not know each other that well, your precence makes an impact. Please, as a friend, try a bit harder to let go of resentment and the pain you are holding so much to. As a faithful servant of God you should believe it all to be better once you leave it in his hands. He will look out for you & knows what is best for you. When the time comes, you will both be in the place you are supposse to be at; wether it is together or not. There are many things in our lifes that create sadness and heartache, but why should we stop our lifes over someone else's decisions or actions? I stronlgy belive all are this experiences of broken hearts are only to make you-YOU. They are to mold you into that person you where meant to be; so as to be prepared for that special person made for you, even if it is your current wife at the end of things.
I am sorry, again friend, I will have you in my prayers."

Please advice to your opinion my fellow bloggers.........

4 Comments:

  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Jose said…

    Wow, I'm in no position to advice but I do hope your friend learns to cope with his current situation. Yuur email in other circumstances may have had a different effect, since you did not know what was happening in his life, don't loose any slip over it.

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow... Thank you Lori. I still havent grasped the concept of leaving it in his hands. I mean I have, but it just keeps on coming back to hinder me. As much as I try to just leave it on his hands I think about her....
    Well thank you for your prayers.

     
  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger Chely said…

    Dear Anonymous:
    I will keep you in my prayers.

     
  • At 5:51 AM, Blogger Battlerocker said…

    I would say excellent advice, but perhaps too soon? I lack expierence in this area, but I know that the single best advice you'll ever recieved runs the risk of being rejected if it shows up at the wrong time. I don't know. One way or another though, your efforts to try speak highly of you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home