Lady Lost in Love

Lady is my presentation. Lost is my inspiration. Love is my motivation.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Belssed weekend.....

FRIDAY
I am very much pleased to say that my angel came to visit me. I am talking about Chely, DAH!!!!! Anyway, we were finally able to spend some much needed time alone and exchange some much needed words. It’s so hard to keep up with friends & family and their life’s situations without getting side tracked from our own. Well, as I said before, Chely has been blessed with a good listening ear and has taught me to do the same. We went to see BABEL. (you know, the one with HOT Bradd Pitt.) Ladies, I must warn you, he looks a bit different in this movie so don’t come back crying “boo-hoo, I didn’t see his muscles, boo-hoo hoo”.

Guess what!!!! Some IDIOT (excuse my sincere and most accurate description) decided he had nothing else to do and went around breaking the glass windows to where the fire extinguishers are. (Que vavo…., pin…. menso, gran estu….!!!) Si todavia hablara como antes, OLVIDALO. Anyway, As the movie was just getting good (so we taught), the siren went on & we had to get out of the theater. Everybody from each and every theater had to get out and be swooshed out in the main lobby. Finally, some of us went back inside and saw the rest of the movie. The smart ones, got their money back and left. “Ahora quienes son las mensas?” For the record, the movie is a 'food for tought' type of a movie, so don't expect a main plot....

SATURDAY
Road trip!!!!!! For starters, Branden stayed with his daddy this weekend to celebrate his baby brother’s Babtizm. “Congratulations, Jose Alfredo!” Well, my friend Sylvia, her 5 kids and I took off to a birthday party in Sylmar (???????) somewhere near Magic Mountain (at least that’s what they told me). The party was ok but my favorite part was all the pictures I was able to take with my recently purchased ‘early XMAS present’ to myself. (Hee,hee) WHAT???? It’s not like anybody else was going to buy me one……

SUNDAY
The girls and I went to visit the church over there, it was my second visit. It is about a 10th of the size of the church I am currently attending; yet, I fell a lot happier. I suppose it had to do with the closeness of the people. Don’t get me wrong, I love my church and all it’s pastors. I know they do a lot for the community and my son has a blast. The people that attend my church are always smiling at us, waving or nodding a hello. There is just way too many people to have any close fellowship. Except of course, my good buddy Peter and his fiancé (my friend) Claudia. (their story will come later.)I probably would have already changed churches, the silly person that I am; if it weren't for the guidance I receive from tehm both.

Anyway, later in the evening we went to a Christian concert. My friend Cherise has a cousin named Jerry, who is a member of the church we visited. Jerry invited us to an awesome event. We all had fun and Sylvia’s oldest daughter-Melissa (17), her friend Aileen (17), Cherise (18) and her brother Ernie (19): accepted God into their life’s that night. It was AWESOME!!!!!


Yep, I had a blessed weekend :) How was yours?

3 Comments:

  • At 6:12 PM, Blogger Chely said…

    Well, I must say that it was quite an adventure spending quality time with my friend.

    First, it took me an hour to get from West Covina to Fontana with the Friday night traffic!

    Then, I had to wait for Lori because she was not there. She had gone to run an errand.

    Then, we start driving away and Eva finally returns my call from two days ago.

    Then, Martha calls me and gets on my case because she thought that Eva, Lori & I were all going to the movies without her.

    Then, I was starving since it was past 8:30 p.m. by then. However, Lori introduced me to Cajun Cooking and let me tell you...it was The BEST! I wish I had some of that delicious chicken and rise we bought right now.

    Then, we spent about an hour catching up on the "much needed" conversation. Lori, I "Thank You" for that. Spending time with you helps me grow.

    Then, we started watching this movie that captured my attention originaly because it's directed by Inaritu of "Amores Perros" fame and one of my favorite Mexican actors, Mr. Gael Garcia Bernal (of same fame) had a part in it.

    Let me tell you, the movie is "Weird". It resembles Amores Perros in that it portrais 3 different stories that collide into one at the end. But the subject matter and sexual contect was pretty strong. Before we had to vacate the theatre due to the "idiot" that Lori mentioned before, I actually saw a couple with a little girl leave. I'm assuming because it was not for her to see. Then about 4 other people simply "walked out".

    The story is pretty slow on many scenes but if you are a "Die Hard" Inaritu fan, you will think it's interesting. But let me warn you, if you are not, then you might want to wait for it to come out on Video.

    I didn't get home until 2:00 a.m. Lori but thanks for an awesome Friday night!

    Love Ya,

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger Jose said…

    Callejeras!

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger Nikki Darling said…

    Lori,

    -Thank you for the lovely words you left me. Im blessed to have loving people all around me =).

    -Also, Im glad you had a nice weekend! Too bad Brat Pitt was part of it..he's so ugly! =)

    xoxo nikki

     

Post a Comment

<< Home