Lady Lost in Love

Lady is my presentation. Lost is my inspiration. Love is my motivation.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Life isn't always beautiful

I stayed late at work today, again. Just as I was about to leave, this song came out which caught my attention. ?????who sings it??????what's it call????????
Anyway, this particular verse hit me like a brick....."Life isn’t always beautiful, but the ride is."



Today, I woke up late again. I was moody and tired of the same routine. I had to walk to the ‘pinchi’ bus stop which is a mile away; in the dark at 5:45 am, with cold air on my ears; to sit next to a stinky, asks more questions than he should just to try to get into my pants, fat man. But……..Then again:
Today, I was blessed with another day, smiled as I smelled my coffee and laughed as I played with the dog. I was able to get my exercise in as I enjoyed the walk through a quite & peaceful neighborhood. I then was able to compare observations with the interesting man sitting next to me, who brightened up my day with his many compliments. I was extremely relieved when I arrived to my destination on time.

As soon as I arrived at work, my supervisor puts hundreds of more files on top of the ‘already’ behind files. The phones are ringing as if just waiting for me to imprint my ass cheeks on the chair. The coffee at work was cold and blah (boring). My coworkers walked in sharing their stories from last night and basically spend all day asking me for help translating every single call that came through. By the time lunch came, I had an enormous headache, was so hungry but had to wait for some of the employees to get out of the kitchen because we did not all fit. But…….Then again:
As I arrived at my awesome, bill paying, have my money for sure job my supervisor acknowledges my good efforts & many accomplishments and shows her trust in me by assigning me new duties. I was happy to know that my hearing was still ok when the music of the ring tones began to play. I made a delicious & fresh pot of coffee and enjoyed it while I laughed with my coworkers. I was so proud of myself today, as I assisted them with my bilingual abilities. Lunch came so soon, I had almost forgotten to pray for those who go without.

POINT IS::::::::::> Life isn’t always beautiful…..is the way you look at things that brings us happiness.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger Jose said…

    So true, nice post I enjoyed reading it.

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Chely said…

    "When life gives you lemons...make lemonade!"

    Interesting...

    What happened to the Lori I met, how many years ago? I love this one!

    I am proud of you:)

    Besitos,

     
  • At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lori I am Chely's sister and I do not know to write well that is a reazon for not to have a blog but I enjoy a lot reading your blogs.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home